Finally, SPAdes 3.14 is out! This release includes such new features as:
- BiosyntheticSPAdes pipeline for identifying Biosynthetic Gene Clusters (BGCs);
- Hybrid transcriptome assembly (Illumina RNA-Seq + Iso-seq / ONT RNA);
- Plasmid assembly from metagenomic datasets;
- New –isolate option that improves assembly quality of standard datasets with high coverage;
- New standalone tools for read filtration based on k-mer coverage and estimating number of unique k-mers in reads;
- Improved SPAligner tool for read-to-graph alignment;
- Major performance improvements and memory consumption reduction in graph construction,simplification procedures and throughout the whole pipeline.
Full list can be found in changelog.